Animal Comforts® introduce the "Comfort" range of premium quality pet beds made from a wide selection of upholstery grade fabrics.
All of our fabrics including the "Caress", coordinate with the Fleece/Sherpa for the cushion. "Caress" and all of the "Comfort" upholstery grade fabrics, can also be produced "All-Over", where the cushion is made from the same fabric.
Every "Comfort" fabric meets the California Bureau of Home Furnishings flammability requirements, giving you peace of mind.
Care and Maintenance:
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- Remove any dust or dry stains with a vacuum cleaner and soft brush attachment every 10 days.
- To preserver the beauty of an "Comfort" fabric, it is advisable to treat any stains before they become too ingrained so that the abrasive and prolonged treatments are avoided.
Beds with removable covers:
All removable covers can be machine washed separately using the cool water setting on a delicate cycle.
- Use a mild detergent that does not contain any bleach of any sort.
- Do not pour the detergent directly onto the material.
- Spin of tumble dry at a cool setting. On the fabrics that are not pre-shrunk there may be a slight amount of shrinkage on the first wash. It is advisable in all cases, to use the coolest settings possible.
- Do not twist or wring.
Prompt attention is advisable as soon as the fabric has been stained. In the case of difficult or unusual stains, expert advice should be sought. All "Comfort" fabrics can also be professionally dry-cleaned.
Beds with fixed/non removable covers:
When it is not possible to remove the cover, observe the following cleaning procedures:
- Remove light stains or dirt, and brush with a soft suede brush.
- Dab stubborn stains with a soft, clean white cloth or absorbent paper towel.
- If solvents are required, avoid applying them directly onto the stain; the solvent should be poured onto a clean cloth and any type of treatment should be first tried on a concealed part of the bed.
- Clean the stain using a circular motion working from the outside inwards.
- After removing the stain, dry immediately with a hand held hairdryer using a cool setting. Take care to direct the air stream first towards the outside of the area working inwards.
- Always be careful to rub any stains gently and to use a brush with soft bristles.
Water Soluble Stains:
Wash with a neutral soap (such as Neutrogena) and water solution, then dab with diluted alcohol (90:10) or you may use a 50:50 solution of water and white vinegar. Excessive rubbing is not necessary or advised, a blotting action is recommended. Remove excess soap or vinegar by dabbing clean water with a clean cloth.
Oil Based Stains:
Dab with turpentine sparingly, using a soft, clean, white cloth. Once the stain has been removed, blot again with a dry cloth to remove any residue chemicals or liquids. Never use acetone or other nail polish removers.