A first, from Animal Comforts®, dog beds made from "Caress", a very unique fabric that has the look and feel of suede. It is so soft and luxurious, that you are instantly drawn to it. While you'll agree that "Caress" is irresistibly soft, the uniqueness of this fabric lies within its performance. Exceptional wearability, resistance to staining, and ease of cleaning are just a few of the notable characteristics of "Caress".
"Caress" is produced with state-of-the-art technology using ultra-fine polyester microfibers (many times finer than silk) that are woven into a fabric that is soft and pliant, yet unusually strong, making it a superior upholstery fabric. The "Caress" ultra microfiber is laminated to a softly brushed, cotton (70%), polyester (30%) backing for additional body and strength.
Quality tests carried out in an ISO9002 accredited laboratory have proven that "Caress" also offers high resistance to wear.
Care and Maintenance:
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- Remove any dust or dry stains with a vacuum cleaner and soft brush attachment every 10 days.
- To preserver the beauty of "Caress", it is advisable to treat any stains before they become too ingrained so that the abrasive and prolonged treatments are avoided.
Beds with removable covers:
All removable covers can be machine washed separately using the cold or warm water setting on a delicate cycle.
- Use a mild detergent that does not contain any bleach of any sort.
- Do not pour the detergent directly onto the material.
- Spin dry, or tumble dry at the lowest possible setting.
- Do not twist or wring.
Prompt attention is advisable as soon as the fabric has been stained. In the case of difficult or unusual stains, expert advice should be sought. "Caress" can also be professionally dry-cleaned
Note: Caress may shrink if tumble dried at a warm setting.
Beds with fixed/non removable covers:
When it is not possible to remove the cover, observe the following cleaning procedures:
- Remove light stains or dirt, and brush with a suede brush.
- Dab stubborn stains with a soft, clean white cloth or absorbent paper towel.
- If solvents are required, avoid applying them directly onto the stain; the solvent should be poured onto a clean cloth and any type of treatment should be first tried on a concealed part of the bed.
- Clean the stain using a circular motion working from the outside inwards.
- After removing the stain, dry immediately with a hand held hairdryer using a cool setting. Take care to direct the air stream first towards the outside of the area working inwards.
- Always be careful to rub any stains gently and to use a brush with soft bristles.
Water Soluble Stains:
Wash with a neutral soap (such as Neutrogena) and water solution, then dab with diluted alcohol (90:10) or you may use a 50:50 solution of water and white vinegar. Excessive rubbing is not necessary or advised, a blotting action is recommended. Remove excess soap or vinegar by dabbing clean water with a clean cloth.
Oil Based Stains:
Dab with turpentine sparingly, using a soft, clean, white cloth. Once the stain has been removed, blot again with a dry cloth to remove any residue chemicals or liquids. Never use acetone or other nail polish removers.